CHRIS LICHT EATS PASTE!!!
- (1:31) SPECIAL COMMENT: Chris Licht or somebody close to him has inadvertently confessed that the network did, as accused, illicitly pack the live crowd at the Trump Town Hall with Trump Supporters, and lied to the public when it insisted the crowd would represent the entire voting mix for the New Hampshire GOP Primary.
- A CNBC story (and it has all the ear-marks of a cable network public relations department clean-up operation) says Licht has defended the concept of the Town Hall ad insisted “history will look kindly” on his decisions but that CNN could’ve done some things better, including introducing the live crowd to the TV audience so viewers would know WHY THE LIVE CROWD SUPPORTED TRUMP. Licht or the Licht-adjacent leaker never stopped to think that they were admitting that the audience WAS stacked, hat the crowd was full of Trump plants. Furthermore they never stopped to think that saying that in retrospect they should have talked to some of the room full of Trump cultists before they started booing Kaitlan Collins and before Trump started to egg them on, supports the accusations by the Republican Governor OF New Hampshire Chris Sununu, and the former Republican Governor of New Jersey Chris Christie, that virtually everybody they saw in that studio at St. Anselm’s College was a Trump supporter they recognized by sight. It also supports the accusation by Chris Christie that CNN let Trump choose who would be in the crowd. In one fell swoop, CNN has just admitted it was an almost-entirely pro-Trump crowd, and they shouldn’t have deceived the viewers into thinking anything else, but that they DID, and Licht wishes they hadn’t done that. Lie. To the viewers. To the nation. This elevates this disaster from mere television and journalistic malfeasance, into a literal kind of deception, a three-card Monte game, in which a bluntly, nakedly, unforgivably biased, slanted, fully-loaded fascist political rally was televised by a network whose executives and announcers lied that it was some kind of news or public events broadcast.
- Lastly, and maybe worst of all, the CNBC piece hints that a network may be considering another Trump Town Hall. Read the tea leaves in the article and it’s pretty clear that the network thinking about a Trump Town Hall 2 — that’s leaking what it would do to improve on the first one … is CNN.
- (19:52) POSTSCRIPTS TO THE NEWS: Yesterday’s lead? About the shocker inside the Rudy Giuliani sex story? That he was offering pardons for $2,000,000 apiece and splitting the money with Trump? Turns out the exact same story — Giuliani offering pardons for $2M/per — was reported in real time. And MTG gives everyone an impeachment. The bid to expel George Santos and why a vote is imminent.
- And the good news is, Dianne Feinstein talked to a couple of reporters yesterday. The bad news is, she doesn’t know where she’s been the last three months.
Personal opinion: Dianne Feinstein sounds like she’s as senile as the Republicans say that Joe Biden is. Stick some things in front of her to sign, including a letter of resignation.
- (24:46) THE WORST PERSONS IN THE WORLD: DeSantis joins the chorus of people who never read the Bible but are still calling NYC’s alleged Subway Strangler “A Good Samaritan”; a Trump shill Congresswoman Nancy Mace insists she’s NOT a Trump shill; and Lauren Boebert is divorcing her husband Jayson and he is reportedly furious. God! Why?
I am the furthest thing from a Trump shill.
But what the FBI did to him is f*cked. It’s un-American and should never happen to anyone again.
— Rep. Nancy Mace (@RepNancyMace) May 16, 2023
- (29:19) EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY: Shiloh, thrown from a car in Atlanta, GA, and Rescue Dogs Rock [NYC]
- (30:40) THINGS I PROMISED NOT TO TELL: This scenario playing out at CNN? Turning it into a right-wing propaganda network while pretending you’re just making sure “all voices are heard”? The reason I keep talking about it, and feel so strongly about it, is that 20 years ago this spring MSNBC tried the exact same thing. Even put on a fascist commentator — literally wearing a Brownshirt on the air — named Michael Savage. And not only did ratings vanish but Savage embarrassed the company so badly he had to be fired. Then went all the producers. Then the executives. Finally the president of MSNBC, and the head of NBC News. It does not end well — as it won’t end well for Licht and CNN.
That’s all the damage for now. Good morning, good afternoon, good night, and good luck!