Today, you get a two-fer, with both podcasts devoted to one event: the firing of *ucker Carlson.
Episode 185: RUPERT MURDOCH PERSONALLY FIRED TUCKER CARLSON OVER GROSSBERG SUIT
iHeart Link (timings below); OnMy.FM Link; Preview:
- (0:00) SPECIAL COMMENT: Rupert Murdoch PERSONALLY fired Tucker Carlson over ex-Carlson producer Abby Grossberg’s lawsuit for harassment, abuse, sexism, and misogyny. Murdoch also felt crossed by Carlson in many of the texts and emails produced by discovery in the Dominion lawsuit, but the firing was NOT a part of the settlement. There were also questions about impending lawsuits against Fox and Carlson by Smartmatic and Ray Epps.
- But this was about how women were called the c-word in Carlson’s office and how producers held a vote on which candidate for Governor of Michigan was more “f-able” and more might have come out if the Dominion case had gone to trial. There is a line, even at Fox (ask Bill O’Reilly or Roger Ailes). And Carlson found it and crossed it.
- And take it from somebody who was himself fired personally by Murdoch. Tucker was FIRED PERSONALLY BY MURDOCH.
- Don Lemon was also fired [today] for misogyny, though it appears CNN actually gave him some time in hopes that his crass comments about Nikki Haley and when women were or weren’t in their prime might fade in the background they didn’t.
- Still, this is a time to rejoice and wallow neck high in our Schadenfreude! Let’s SING SING SING! [And Keith does, sort of.]
NOTE. THE B AND C BLOCKS ARE REPEATED FROM THIS MORNING’S EDITION OF COUNTDOWN (EPISODE 184).
One comment, Keith (around 15:00 in the pod cast): Black holes are not the size a galaxy, and by no stretch of the imagination do they extend to other galaxies. They exert a negligible gravitational pull at those kinds of distances.
Episode 186: THANKS SIDNEY POWELL, FOR GETTING TUCKER CARLSON FIRED!
iHeart Link (timings below); OnMy.FM Link; Preview:`
- (1:15) SPECIAL COMMENT: Let’s all congratulate — and thank — Sidney Powell for getting Tucker Carlson fired. Because of the many final straws in this sad man’s case, the MOST final was when it turned out he repeatedly called Powell the c-word.
- And it all may be on tape. [Lordy, there are tapes! ] The real reason Lachlan Murdoch and Suzanne Scott went to Rupert Murdoch over the weekend and Rupert fired Carlson was that producer Abby Grossberg has — per her lawyer — nearly 90 recordings documenting her allegations of a toxic, abusive, misogynistic, sexist workplace in Tucker Carlson’s office.
- I have stitched together all the reporting on the biggest firing since Bill O’Reilly — including my own — and it boils down to this. Yes, Fox was furious at all the insults against management revealed (and redacted) in the Dominion files. But Grossberg’s suit was the real menace. They would not go for a repetition of the O’Reilly or Roger Ailes sexual abuse scandals. And now Carlson may walk away with $20 or $30 million a year — but only if he DOES NOT WORK at any video or news outlet that could be considered a rival to Fox.
- Plus: How Don Lemon messed up the chance to get to say farewell on the air, and why he might wind up on MSNBC. Among other reasons, NBC has a lot more money today: They won’t pay my lying ex-friend, fired CEO Jeff Shell, a dime. He was fired for cause, and it sure looks like he tried to push his ex-flame Hadley Gamble into re-starting their affair, either by professional carrot or stick.
- And The Wall Street Journal finds an instance where Harlan Crow did TOO have actual business in front of the Justice he bought, Clarence Thomas.
LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP!
- (25:20) THE WORST PERSONS IN THE WORLD: Anti-vaxxer, Pharma conspiracy theorist Aaron Rodgers will now be paid by the heir to the Johnson & Johnson Pharma fortune. Marsha Blackburn wants to sell you a pizza-cutter.
— Marsha Blackburn (@VoteMarsha) April 24, 2023
Yes, that’s her.
- And somehow Fox’s resident idiot Brian Kilmeade thought he should celebrate the Carlson firing. (Fans did not respond cordially, as you might expect.)
- (30:26) THINGS I PROMISED NOT TO TELL: If I’m bringing up Aaron Rodgers going to the New York Jets, I have to flash back to the day a New York GINTS quarterback nearly kept me from graduating from college on time!
Yes, that misspelling is intentional. And the player who nearly kept Keith from graduating became head coach here at Arizona State until last year. Now you know the rest … of the story.
By request, a finale:
I think enough damage has been done for a while.