- (0:00) SPECIAL COMMENT: All the details are leaked to The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal. Rupert Murdoch did TOO fire Tucker Carlson personally, just weeks after meeting with him. Murdoch was furious at Carlson calling President Zelensky a “Ukrainian pimp” and even joined a Fox editorial meeting to complain, and furious that Carlson had called a NewsCorp exec (presumably communications mogul Irena Briganti) a C-U-Later.
- Worse still, the C-word insult appeared in the Dominion lawsuit discovery product. Fox attorneys managed to get it redacted, told Carlson. But he replied he didn’t WANT it redacted: He wanted everybody to know he’d said it. And the Fox Board and some executives didn’t know until the day before the Dominion trial was to begin — another reason Fox settled.
- Bottom lines: Fox is clearly revealing everything it has in its Carlson closet in hopes of making him eternally unemployable. Oh, and about 25 days ago Murdoch had dinner at his home in Bel-Air with his fiancée Ann Lesley Smith and his top Fox anchor and before the month was over HE HAD FIRED THEM BOTH.
- (16:08) IN SPORTS: Two weeks ago Jordan Walker tied the record for the longest hitting streak for any player 20 or younger. Today he’s in the minors. And it’s the anniversary of Harry Chiti, the guy who was traded for “A Player To Be Named Later” and then “The Player To Be Named Later”. Except it never happened; it’s just an urban legend.
- (20:50) THE WORST PERSONS IN THE WORLD: Ronna McDaniel lies about Trump and debates; Senator Ron Johnson may actually have a head made of cheese: He suggests Wisconsin will be a safer place to live after catastrophic climate change; and the Vanity Blue Checkmark guy Jake Shields on Twitter trying to incite genocide against Trans people and allies.
- (25:25) THINGS I PROMISED NOT TO TELL: 90 years ago this month the most humble superstar I ever met, was born. Why I still miss my friend Elizabeth Montgomery and the extraordinary and hilarious advice she gave me within minutes of the day we met.
That’s all the damage for now. Good morning, good afternoon, good night, and good luck.